Friday Favorites 9.15.17

Hey there, Friday, we meet again!  Another week of favorites is here, as I link up with ErikaNarci and Andrea for Friday Favorites.


When I landed in Seattle over the weekend, my cousin surprised me with this Baldwin Smacks cereal.  Eeeeks!  My favorite Seahawks player, Doug Baldwin, has a limited-edition honey smacks cereal.  We did eat some, but my box is just on display at my house because #swoon.  I’m on Instagram now and my nephew Dylan and I had fun with Boomerang while eating our smacks.  Check it out.



This past week, I ate a bunch of favorite things with favorite people at my favorite State Fair.  That’s a lot of favorites in one. 
We had a blast at the Washington State Fair in Puyallup. 




At the top of my favorite fair foods list is the baked potato and roasted fiesta corn!  That's how I love to #dothepuyallup.

The fair got us good this year. #couldnotresist

While at the fair, we always walk through the Showplex where people are selling all their gadgets and gimmicks.  We went to the fair wondering what this year’s random purchase would be.  Well folks, my cousin and I both left with a new shiatsu massager, the Tubby.  No lie, 5 minutes in the chair testing this baby out, and we were hooked.  It’s not one that you sit on, instead you drape it on your back then hold it so you can move it up and down from neck to shoulders to lower back, and you can also massage calves and feet.  Because you hold it, you can pull it closer to you for a deeper massage.  Here’s a tip since you’re all such loyal followers - I got the Tubby version, but found this one even cheaper on Amazon for you.  It has a different name but I’m pretty sure it does the same thing.  It’s good, guys, really good.


Two of my besties, Meg and Monica, and I read Maybe in Another Life by Taylor Jenkins Reid back in April and cinnamon rolls are mentioned throughout the book.  We were drooling.  Since then, it’s been our favorite thing to try different versions all over town.  The other day, I finally tried Homie’s Cinnamon Rolls.  Mmmmm, I got the apple cinnamon and it was soft, not too sweet, non-traditional because of the apple, and delicious.  I’ll definitely go back to try other flavors.  Two thumbs up, Homie’s.


Finally, I’m excited to talk about these sugar scrubs that I just tried courtesy of a colleague of mine who launched a new business.  Lucky Em organics is a local Nevada business that makes vegan, organic and cruelty free products.  I tried Peppermint Latte which smells just like I imagine one would taste.  It actually has coffee in it!  Funny thing about me, I don't drink coffee but I love how it smells.  I also tried the Lemon Sugar and as I was using it on my hands, it smelled just like when I zest a lemon when I cook.  No wonder - it has actual lemon peel in it.  I love that smell!  My hands are super soft the entire day after using these scrubs.  I think I may have my Christmas gifts picked out for some lucky ladies with these!  Go check out Emily’s website and pick some up for yourself.  I think you’ll love them!

What a fun week I had, hope you had a good one too. 

Wishing you an even better weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts