Trader Joe's Snacks - Reviewed and Recommended

My goddaughters at the opening of our neighborhood Trader Joe's.  We were so excited!

I do love Trader Joe's and how happy I was when they opened in my neighborhood!  For almost a year, I’ve found myself clicking on several posts about Trader Joe’s snacks by other bloggers and thought it was funny that there are full posts about this.  After I decided to go ahead and try a bunch of the recommended snacks, I finally got it...  I totally get why people write about this topic because now that I’ve tried a bunch of TJ’s goodies, I want to share my opinions of the snacks with you too.  So, TA DAH!  Here’s my post sharing recent Trader Joe’s finds that I think you all should try too.

Chunky Guacamole



I never really enjoyed store-bought guac until this one.  I prefer making it from scratch myself, but now I have a store-bought go to version.  It’s made with Greek Yogurt so it feels healthy – bonus!  It’s got a lil kick to it because it has finely chopped jalapenos, so know that and beware in case you don’t like your guac spicy.  Or, just try it for yourself and I won’t get all
jalapeno business.  Hahah!

Quinoa and Black Bean Infused Tortilla Chips



I started eating the guac with these chips after one of my favorite authors, Melanie Shankle, mentioned them in her podcast and said she likes them better than regular tortilla chips.  I found these to be tasty and a better health option than regular chips.  I like that about TJ’s – the fact that there are healthy and tasty options in most of their food categories.


Boursin Cheese



I am not new to Boursin.  I’ve loved it for years.  I named it a favorite awhile back to eat with fig jam on a wheat thin.  I only just learned that it’s much cheaper at Trader Joe’s than at my local grocery store.  Yay!  It’s under $4 and I love the garlic and herb version they carry.


Olive & Fig Crisps



I’m eating these with the Boursin cheese for the win!  This is a super crispy cracker.  The fig and olive make them both sweet and savory and they go with the creamy cheese so nicely.  This would be really nice to serve as an appetizer for a girlfriend hangout, or wine party, or baby/bridal shower.  I can imagine it all dressed up next to the Boursin on a nice cheese platter with cute cheese spreader.

Everything Crackers



I eat this with Boursin too, or just plain when I need a lil salty pick me up.  Check out all the great things that make up "everything" as listed in the photo there.  These have taken my cracker game (formerly only a Wheat Thin girl) to a whole new level. 

Everything but the Bagel Seasoning



Speaking of “Everything”, I have heard this one recur on blogs probably more than any other Trader Joe’s product out there, so I had to get it.  If you’ve had an Everything Bagel at Einstein Bagels, this tastes just like it, but indeed without the bagel.  I’ve put it on guac and chips, as well as on top of my avocado toast.  When I put it on my avocado toast recently, my BFF said it made it look all fancy and gourmet.  (Pops collar.)  Full disclaimer, I’ve also sprinkled some of it into my hand with nothing else, after eating something really sweet and needing salty to balance out.  No shame.  So, I tend to agree with the many bloggers who have bestowed the knowledge upon me about this seasoning.  Now it’s your turn to agree with us too.  Try it.

Bruschetta Sauce


Photo Credit:  Rashida W.
I got this sauce to eat on a baguette (also from Trader Joe’s) and enjoyed it as a side dish to some Italian leftovers I was having for lunch one day.  I had one of my staff members try it that day too, and that night, I got the above photo.  She had gone the same day and bought 3 tubs.  Haha!  That says it all.  I also tried it on top of Trader Joe’s spaghetti noodles, with their Three Cheese Pomodoro Pasta Sauce (also a favorite) and I liked it that way even better.  The chunky tomatoes add a fresh taste to my standard pasta dish.

That rounds out some of the new snacks I’ve tried and enjoyed.  And although these aren’t snacks, they remain my favorite food items from Trader Joe’s:



At the top of the list is still the Japanese Style Fried Rice.  Takes 4 minutes to prepare on the stove top by simply adding 2 tablespoons of oil and heating up, stirring often.  Also, it’s vegan with lots of protein from the tofu and edamame. 



Honey Walnut Shrimp
is my favorite for pairing with the Fried Rice.  Takes about 7 – 8 minutes to prepare.



These Ice Cream Sandwiches remain my favorite dessert.  I named this in a Friday Favorites post and just love how the cookies are soft even though the ice cream is solid.



Apple Blossoms are my second favorite dessert.  I just make one at a time for myself in the toaster oven and it’s like having a personal home baked apple pie.

Well, there we have it, I have joined the throngs of bloggers to discuss favorite Trader Joe’s snacks!  You’re welcome.  Let me know if you have any recommendations. I’m ready and willing to try more and will share again when I do!  Happy Thursday, friends!



Comments

  1. Yay! Yep, now you gave me things for my next list too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s getting so fun to pull from blogger’s lists to try everything at TJ’s!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts