Friday Favorites 4.20.18


Hey, everybody!  It’s time for some Friday Favorites on this linkup with Erika, Andrea and Narci.  This past week was full of favorites because it’s always a wonderful time when my family from Seattle come to town.  A Las Vegas vacation for them means a staycation for me!  We did all kinds of fun stuff around town and tried some new restaurants too which is always a favorite. Check out these highlights from our week that made the favorites list:



Bonnie Springs Ranch

Always great when we can take out of towners to see a different side of Las Vegas off the Strip.  We spent a day at Bonnie Springs Ranch.  Their restaurant has good food and it’s a fun western theme, of course.  After lunch, we spent the rest of the time walking through the old town, watching their skits and shows, and at their petting zoo.  It has been years since I’d been out to Bonnie Springs.  It’s cool to think that Bonnie Springs was an actual stop over back in the wild West as people were traveling through the desert.  We had a fun time and recommend it as a family friendly thing to do in town! 



I love me some dessert!  We tried this place for the first time after finding them because they followed my blog’s Instagram, and I’m so glad they did!  I had the Dole Whip with boba and topped with vanilla custard.  I’m gonna say though, it was the Ube with boba and vanilla custard that was my favorite which my cousin Vivian had.  It’s fun that they have ube and I don’t know what the Filipino connection is, or if they just like having the flavor on the menu, but I am so glad because this is probably my favorite ube dessert in town now. 



Bringing Sexy Back

Sunday night we got a “parents night out” (thanks Mom and Dad for babysitting all the kids) and 8 of us headed to see Justin Timberlake in concert at T-Mobile Arena.  I just love JT’s swagger, his Tennessee twang and overall, he’s just a great performer.  It was a great night out, and we like to think JT got us bringing our sexy back.  Ha!


We also tried this burgers and shakes restaurant in the Venetian for the first time after seeing it all over social media.  I can tell you their turkey burger is maybe one of the best I’ve had.  And we couldn’t go without trying their crazy shakes.  My nephew Dylan had the oreo cookies and cream, and I had the chocolate chip cookie.  These are $15 shakes (maybe that’s the “crazy” part) but we all shared them.  They were huge, fun with the giant cookie sandwiches hanging onto the side of the glass, and they were delicious.

Family Time

Best of all was all the quality time we got to spend together.  I feel blessed that my Seattle cousins and my two cousins who live in Las Vegas are also my best friends.  So when we’re all together, my heart is just so full!  And Sunday night, my BFF was with us too, so I couldn’t be happier and at one point Genel and I were saying our faces hurt from all the laughing and smiling.  Love doing life together – they’re all my favorites! 



Comments

Popular Posts