Friday Favorites 3.2.18


It's Friday Favorites time, everyone!  Yay, Friday is here again and so am I with this weekly linkup I do with Erika, Andrea and Narci.  Here we go…



The highlight of my week was being a guest reader for a 1st grade class at Jack Dailey Elementary School in honor of Nevada Reading Week.  My bestie Monica is a teacher and their librarian and I’m so lucky to get asked to read each year. 


Monica does a great job of making it special for her guest readers with party favors and an adorable theme every year.  This year, we were on a Reading Voyage.  So cute!



Coming to Monica's school to read also means we get a little girlfriend time in our week.  That’s always a favorite!



I took a book with me to read called, Change the World Before Bedtime.  I love the illustrations and the message that every ordinary kid can be a superhero by doing good deeds, living healthy, and taking care of the Earth.  It’s a favorite to read during Nevada Reading Week.


This Costco apple pie is a year-round favorite.  I’m obsessed.  Honestly, best apple pie anywhere.  I serve it every year during the holidays and have been known to bring it to parties and potlucks.  Apparently, my nephew Kai knows about this because when I put it in our cart at Costco, he exclaimed, “Are we having a party?”  Ha!  Nope, no party this time, Kai, I just really wanted a huge pie at home for myself.  #noshame.  It really is huge, couldn’t taste more homemade, and all the glory can be yours for only $9.99 (with Costco membership card).



This is funny because I looked back through my photos this week, and I had this pic of a different apple pie, which is also my favorite.  I wasn't kidding that I'm obsessed with apple pie.  This one is the original fried apple pie from McDonald's which you can no longer get in the contiguous United States, because you know, apparently baked is healthier.  #Iguess.  I do think it's still served in Hawaii though!  (Can someone please confirm?)  Well, in the Philippines they still serve it too.  Yep, that's why it's the land of my people.  My parents picked some up for me at McDonald's in Manila right before flying home.  I popped that bad boy (and the other 5 like him) right in the toaster oven and was so happy!




This last one is a flashback on this Friday.  I don’t know how I skipped including this in a past Friday Favorites list, but I came upon our picture and was reminded of how great the food was at House of Blues’ Gospel Brunch.  Monica and I went several weeks ago after I won tickets in my organization’s silent auction.  I always love to worship of course, and here we did it over the best mac and cheese, and made to order omelet, and a full brunch buffet, and even a chicken and waffles station.  That deserved all the praise hands!  I recommend Gospel Brunch if you’re looking for something unique to do on a Sunday in Las Vegas.

That's it for this Friday, everyone.  Hope you had a week with some favorites too. 
Happy weekend!


Comments

Popular Posts