What's Up Wednesday - February 2018


I love random information, and so I love this linkup with a list of random questions about what's up lately.  It's fun to read other bloggers' answers and I'm participating too with Shay, Melanie and Sheaffer.  Every month, they ask these questions...


So here I go, what's up with me as of this Wednesday.

What We’re Eating This Week…


If you’ve been following my blog for some time, you will not be shocked that my answer is donuts.  For the love!  Officially my favorite donut place in all of Las Vegas is Pinkbox Doughnuts.  However, I swear I had never been to Dunkin Donuts until approximately February 11 of this year and since then, I’ve been there way too many times to divulge to you the true number.  #shame.  A maple donut is my favorite kind, but it’s the iced coffee (with cream and sugar) that really gets me over to DD and now I’m also pairing it with their turkey sausage, egg and cheese breakfast sandwich.  Guys, I can’t deal, just go taste for yourself.


What I’m Reminiscing About…



I celebrated 15 years at work recently, and I’ve found myself reminiscing on some fun memories over the years.  I posted this picture on President’s Day from when I was chosen to greet President Obama on the tarmac during his second term campaign.  I feel so blessed that my career has afforded me such unique experiences and cherished memories.


What I’m Loving…



Quiet time has new meaning with baby girl on my lap, my Kindle in my hand, and Mochi and Kenzo laying nearby.  I love those moments.


What We’ve Been Up To…



Not a whole lot besides family time and things like Costco shopping.  You know, the important things in life!


What I’m Dreading…



Going to the dentist.  I need to go, and to all my dentist friends, I appreciate you, but I got issues with going to the dentist.  Sigh.


What I’m Working On…



Apparently, I should be working on my issues with going to the dentist.  (See previous answer.)  I’m also working on moving our organization’s big event – The Veterans Stand Down - to a new venue.

What I’m Excited About…



A family trip to my favorite city of D.C. next month!  My parents and I are heading back and this time, we’ve got little Miss traveling with us for her first plane ride, and we are so excited.


What I’m Watching/Reading…



Watching
:  Like the rest of America, I’m watching This Is Us and let me just tell you, [spoiler alert] on the Super Bowl Sunday episode, when they forwarded to the future and Tess was grown up working with foster kids… well, be still my heart! I sobbed.
#obviously



Reading:  Tomorrow, my February Book Review is coming out.  I finished 9 fabulous books this month and I’m excited to share that.  I just finished The Great Alone to wrap up this month’s reading and oh, was it good!  Stay tuned for reviews.


What I’m Listening To…


The Big Boo Cast podcast.  Melanie Shankle is one of my new favorite authors.  I’ve read 3 of 4 of her books, and am on my library’s wait list for the 4th but in the meantime, I feel like I miss her so I started listening to her podcast and as per standard procedure with her, she has me cracking up about random stuff.  For example, I totally agree that eating a Triscuit is like eating a basket.  Ha!




I’m also listening to The Real Mom podcast, which talks about motherhood – biological, foster and adoptive.  Hearing other mama testimonies always fills my soul.


What I’m Wearing…



Well two weeks ago, I was wearing a short-sleeved shirt, cropped jeans, and ballet flats because it was 80 degrees outside.  Last week and this week, it’s back to jackets, sweaters and boots.  Our Las Vegas weather has been so dramatic.  It even snowed here last week.  I got to sport my personalized letterman jacket last week though!  It was one of my work anniversary gifts and I love it!


What I’m Doing This Weekend…



Celebrating my godson’s first birthday.  One year goes so fast!  I swear this picture of us when he was 3 weeks old was just yesterday.


What I’m Looking Forward to Next Month…



I’ve been on a spending fast for a few months.  The end of last year was just a lot of spending with a new baby and Christmas and all.  I’ve been good about not shopping online and spending frivolously.  I gave myself to March 1 for my fast.  Well folks, last I checked, that’s tomorrow!  I’m excited to buy a few things I specifically told myself I could only buy if I made it through the fasting period.  I have a customized Yeti tumbler as the first thing I’m buying.  Of all things, right? 


What Else is New…



I've always found it fun to tour model homes, especially dream homes!  I recently added a single-story Toll Brothers mansion to my list of, “What I’ll buy if I win the Megabucks or Powerball.”  Everyone has a list like that, right?

It's also a new year of life for my BFF Genel.  Happy Birthday (yesterday)!  I love you more that words can describe, BFF!



Bonus Question:  Our Family’s Favorite Spring Break Destination



For more than 20 years, every spring break, my family has been involved in hosting an international karate tournament in Las Vegas.  So, we don’t get to travel that week but instead, we do a family staycation on the Strip in the hotel where we are hosting the tournament.  We’re looking forward to another Strip staycation this year.


Well that was a fun little linkup.  Thanks for reading, everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts