Friday Favorites - 2.9.18


Hi all!  It’s Fri-yay, and I’ve got another edition of Friday Favorites where I link up with Erika, Andrea and Narci sharing some favorite things from the week.  As with most weeks, I’ve got a list of totally random things but there’s at least a couple I’m thinking will make your life easier if you haven’t heard of them already.  So, here we go, some favorites…



First up, Smith’s Click List.  Are you guys doing this yet?  My friend Megahn turned me onto this and I love paying it forward and telling others about it.  Smith’s started it with just 5 pilot locations in town and now it’s spread to many others.  You download the Smith’s app, schedule when you want to pick up your groceries, click on what you want and add them to your online cart, then provide your credit card info to pay.  Show up to Smith’s and park in the designated Click List pickup parking space, call the phone number provided, and they bring all your stuff out to your car and load it for you.  I never had to go into the store!  What?  And it’s free the first 3 times and only $4.95 after that.  What?  They don’t accept tips.  What?  This has been a time saver, and super helpful especially when baby is asleep and it’s cold out and I really did not want to unload her in the cold to cart her around the store while I shop.  You can even include special instructions like, “choose firm tomatoes, ripe yellow bananas, avocados ripe and ready.”  Each time, they’ve gotten it right.  Yay for Smith’s!



The next few items are baby related too, and let’s face it, she’s totally my favorite.  I'm swooning over her adorable house slippers from her Auntie Meg.  I wish they made baby shoes somehow expandable so she never grows out of them.  I personally love hanging around the house in fuzzy socks and I equally love her hanging around the house in cozy slippers!


A baby means hand washing 1,000 times a day and my hands never been so dry and painful because of it.  I tried a bunch of different lotions, some even high end, but nothing works as well as Aquaphor to heal and moisturize.  I'm a believer, and it's my new favorite.



Ok, this next baby item is a first-time mom find and it is gross and glorious all in one.  It’s the Nose Frida snotsucker. That’s literally what it’s called and I hadn’t heard of it until this week when I had to google a better way to clear baby’s nose.  She’s been congested a few days this week, and the little suction bulb that I’m sure most of us know, just wasn’t getting it all, and she also hates that thing.  I found a bunch of reviews for Nose Frida and I had the same initial reaction as most moms – wait, I have to suction her nose using my mouth?!  Yep, but don’t worry, there’s a filter that blocks any transfer from baby’s nose to your mouth.  And here’s a random fact about me – in my previous life, I worked in the medical field in Pediatrics and it was then that my love for cleaning ears and noses began.  Well, Nose Frida just takes that to a whole new level.  Guys, this is so gross but it cleared the heck out of her nose and you can see and hear the results!  We are both sleeping better because of it.



Finally, my last favorite of the week is this post on Facebook from my friend Stacy.  Wow, I found it so powerful and I love it.  ‘Nuff said.


There we have it, my favorites from this week.  Hope you had a week of favorites too!  Enjoy your weekend!



Comments

Popular Posts