Friday Favorites - 2.23.18

Hey Friday, so happy to see you!  It’s the latest segment of Friday Favorites as I linkup with Erika, Andrea and Narci once again.  I’ve come to love reading other bloggers’ favorite things from this linkup and have gotten some great product reviews, fashion tips, and other things from them.  I also love highlighting some favorites from my week.  So here we go, the latest list of favorites…


Remember a few weeks ago when I shocked the world that I never had coffee prior to that week?  Yeah, well, I’m making up for lost time and have tried several hot and cold coffees at different places.  So far, I have a winner and its iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts with cream and sugar.  It’s so yummy and then hold on, it’s from a donut place so I may or may not grab a donut each time too.  Donuts are my love language!



On the topic of food, I have a new favorite spot for happy hour.  My monthly Dinner Night with my girlfriends was this week and we headed to Andiron Steak & Sea in Downtown Summerlin.   I chose it because they host Ladies Night every Thursday.  All bar food (except the burger) is half off for ladies!  So, you know, we did what any group of ladies would do.  We ordered every single thing on the bar menu and it was all delicious!  I highly recommend the calamari, tuna poke, and truffle fries.  Drinks were half off too.  We also had the crème brulee donuts for dessert.  Please reference aforementioned love for donuts.  So good! 



This one was a first-time experience that instantly became a favorite.  I made it to my fir
st Vegas Golden Knights hockey game!  I now see what all the hype is about.  It was so much fun to learn the game and root for our home team.  TMobile Arena is a great venue and they created a fabulous show that made for such a fun night.  Oh and also, our team is totally winning!  Yep, sign me up, I’m a hockey fan.  Go Knights Go! 



Another favorite moment – I officially became Ninang (godmother) to my best friend’s son, Caleb.  We celebrated his baptism and there at mass, I was reflecting on how blessed I feel to be chosen as his godmother.  It’s one of my favorite roles in life.  I’m a proud godmother to 27 children in all, and my heart is just so full and so humbled that my loved ones would honor me this way.  I love my godchildren so much.


Last, and speaking of godchildren… my niece/goddaughter Khaya turned 16 earlier this month and as her gift, I gave her a date night “voucher” that she could cash in anytime to watch a movie and have dinner together.  Well, this week, she let me know she was ready to redeem her gift and so Khaya and I headed to dinner and to watch The Greatest Showman.  It was so lovely to have quality time with her and then about the movie… Let me tell you, we adored it and can’t wait to watch it again.  Prior to going, I had no idea what the movie was about other than it being a musical that has been getting rave reviews.  Well, it exceeded my expectations.  The music, the choreography, the characters, the actors, the love stories!  And also, Zak Efron.  I’m a new fan.  Also, I love a story that highlights someone’s leadership and perseverance to achieve their goals and then become a standout.  That just moves me!  It’s a favorite movie for sure.  If you like musicals, you will love this one.



Happy Friday, everyone, and also a very happy birthday to my bestie Megahn!  You're one of my favorites always.  Love you, have a great birthday weekend. xo





Comments

Popular Posts