Friday Favorites 1.5.18


It’s a new year, and a new graphic, but the tradition continues… I’m naming my favorite things of the week on this Friday Favorites linkup with Erika, Andrea and Narci.  It’s just fun throughout the week to take notice of things that impressed me, or products that deserve a great review, or a shout out to some of my tried and true favorite things that I’m eager to share with you!  So here we go, for the first week of 2018!





First up, in case you missed it, I named these as my favorite books of 2017:  Winter Garden, Small Great Things, and On Second Thought.  I read 77 books in 2017 but these took the grand prize.  I read all library books but I actually buy the books I name as my favorite at the end of each year so I can have them on display in my reading room and loan them to friends when they’re looking for a good read.  I’m excited to buy these for my collection.


I actually got the Echo Dot as a Christmas gift two Christmases ago and I’ve always thought it was a cool gadget. Not until baby arrived did I realize the true handy nature of having “Alexa” in the room.  In the middle of the night, it’s helpful to just say, “Alexa, what time is it?” versus stumbling around for my glasses with very lil sleep trying to read the time on my phone before the next feeding.   And then, while I’m rocking baby, and holding her bottle trying to get her back to sleep, it’s been super helpful to just say, “Alexa, play lullabies and bedtime music.”  Alexa has played several Disney lullabies that I just love especially from Little Mermaid and Mulan.  So handy, Alexa, thanks!



Trader Joe’s has done it again with another yummy food find that’s going to probably have to be one of my standard things I throw in the basket.  These chocolate chip cookie ice cream sandwiches are delish!   The two cookies somehow manage to be super soft, without even needing to defrost them before eating.  The sandwich is rolled in mini chocolate chips for the win!  Try ‘em out, you won’t regret it.


I’ve been a huge fan of Hydroflask since before they were cool and trendy.  I have one in almost every size, plus a food flask but today, I’m raving about the Hydroflask tumbler.  This tumbler keeps my drinks so cold and I happen to love a freezing cold cider while watching football.  This is a major splurge, honestly, but I really do love this Hydroflask tumbler!



I finally ate at Bronze Café in Downtown Market (thanks, Emily).  Why did I wait so long?!  The menu is 85% vegan and honestly, there isn’t anything on the menu I wouldn’t try.  Also, the prices are reasonable considering its vegan, compared to other restaurants.  No wonder it gets 4 ½ stars on Yelp!  For my first time, I had the California Tofurkey Sandwich and I added the vegan pepperoni.  This sandwich was seriously delicious.  I cannot wait to go back and try more things.  Get this – their weekend brunch menu has vegan chicken and waffles.  (Insert praise hands emjoi here!)  Brunch, anyone?


That’s it for my first installment of Friday Favorites in 2018.  Hope you enjoyed some things on the list.  Have a great weekend, everyone!  TGIF!

Comments

  1. I will definitely need to try those ice cream sandwiches.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts