Friday Favorites 11.10.17



You know what time it is!  Time to name some favorite things of the week.  It has been a quiet week on the blog, because it’s my busiest work week of the year with our annual fundraiser.  More to come on that once photos are back from the "Grand Affair", and once I’ve recovered from all the fun and late nights of preparation to pull off the event.  In the meantime, some sweet and simple favorites from the week as I linkup with Erica, Narci and Andrea just like I do every week.



Stepping out of my yoga comfort zone for spin class has been good for me.  The early morning classes at XCycle have been a good jump start to the day.  The class is high energy and a great workout.  My true favorite part though, is after class when staff hands me a freezing cold towel that smells like eucalyptus.  Ahhh!



Speaking of early morning class, I caught the sun coming up on the way to sunrise yoga the other morning and loved it.  So peaceful and serene and I love how the colors came out in the photo. 




It was my first trip to the Craft Festival and oh em gee, where has it been all my life?  My girlfriends and I stayed for 5 hours and hit every booth.  After just the first aisle, I knew I was in trouble because I wanted to buy everything.  I loved seeing all the crafts, and eating all the samples, and boy did the Christmas crafts get me good.  I’m trying to respect my Thanksgiving décor and my stuffed turkey’s feelings but I really kind of want to put out my new Christmas stuff already.  I also picked up some cute Christmas gifts.  Craft Festivals will have to be a must from now on.  It was a blast!



We celebrated my nephew/godson’s 6th birthday this week and he chose a sushi dinner for his birthday dinner.  In this family, we start training our young early for all you can eat sushi!  Ha! It was my favorite to watch him use training chopsticks for the first time.  Big milestones at 6!  By the way, our family's go to all you can eat sushi joint lately is Sakana.  We like the fish to rice ratio.  More fish, less rice!


And finally, these from Ichiza.  Uni (sea urchin) in basically a lemon shooter, and Tuna Belly in an avocado with a quail egg.  Sushi lovers everywhere, say Amen.  For sure, best sushi dishes I’ve had in a very long time.  Also, presentation so good I had to take pictures!  I was already wanting to go back the next day for more.

Happy Friday, everyone, and Happy Veterans Day to all those who’ve served.







Comments

Popular Posts