Friday Favorites 11.3.17


I’m back with more Friday Favorites on this weekly linkup with Erika, Narci and Andrea.  Hoping you all had a good week, here are my picks for favorites from the week…



Quality time with my eldest niece!  She stayed with me for a long weekend and we had a nice time catching up and eating our favorite foods (sushi, salad, and popcorn from our favorite popcorn bowl).  We also caught an early morning yoga class together which we’ve never done before, she came to work with me, and we went shopping!  A full weekend that left my Auntie heart nice and full too. 


Homemade Halloween costumes are a big favorite.  I pride myself in a do-it-yourself costume that costs $20 or less.  I love to be creative, but also at this time of the year, I need a quick answer for a costume because it’s such a busy time at work.  This scarecrow costume cost $6.99 for a bag of raffia and $2 for a roll of masking tape to affix the raffia to the insides of my clothes, all of which I already owned.  And whatd’ya know?  I won “most creative costume” at work!  Too fun.



These Command picture hanging strips.  I’ve been into personalized signs in my rooms lately like this one I painted and hung in my reading room, and I hung some others this week too.  These hanging strips mean you don’t have to put nails in the walls, and you can take them off without leaving any marks.  No commitment either if you decide you want to move the picture later.  Also, they are really sturdy.  I mean, this canvas is never moving until I take it down with some effort.  These things are genius!


I’ve raved about Hello Fresh meal delivery service for awhile now since I started back in June.  I’ve had several great recipes delivered but this latest one is hands down, my favorite of all.  Lobster & shrimp ravioli with a creamy tarragon sauce.  Now, this is one of their premium recipes which means it was an extra $5 but wow, it was worth it.  The sauce alone was a winner and I’ll be replicating it myself on other things (or on everything - haha) in the future.  So easy:  butter, minced garlic, cherry tomatoes cut lengthwise, sour cream and fresh tarragon. My stomach literally just growled.



Wednesday marked one month since the tragic shooting on the Las Vegas Strip.  Shortly after the shooting, people turned the iconic Welcome to Las Vegas sign into a beautiful memorial for the 58 people lost that night of 1 October.  A very thoughtful man drove across the country and placed 58 white crosses with each victim’s name at the memorial.  Yesterday, I visited the memorial for the first time and it was very moving.  It is so touching to see the outpouring of local, and even international support, for what happened in our city.  I’m grateful I was able to pay a visit.





The talented Kiara Brown (one of my favorite local singers) wrote, “58 Stars” for all those lives that were lost on 1 October.  She performed it on Fox 5 News and did beautifully and you can download it at kiaramusik.com.  I’ll leave you with the video and encourage you to support her music!  #VegasStrong


That's another week of Friday Favorites.  Until next time, have a great weekend!




Comments

Popular Posts