Friday Favorites 10.13.17


Friday Favorites is here again!  I'm still loving this weekly tradition on the blog so here are a few favorite things from the past week as I linkup with Erika, Narci and Andrea.




These Seahawks salt and pepper shakers though.  I have a thing for seasonal S&P shakers and these new ones are my favorite pair!  Go Hawks!




Along with football Sunday games all day, I love the food that comes with it especially appetizers and snacks.  I picked up this Tuscan Tomato Basil dip at the Puyallup Fair last month and it is so delicious.  I’m going to have to order more online, because there’s no way I can wait until next year’s Fair.  Just mix it with sour cream and mayo, and it’s the best dip ever.  The flavor is outstanding and addicting!



This one was an unexpected favorite.  I turned on Episode 1 of the new Will & Grace just because it was next up on the NBC app after This Is Us and I was pleasantly surprised.  I forgot how funny the characters are, and the jokes had me laughing out loud.  You guys should check it out!



It’s always my favorite when I get to be behind my camera.  Had fun this past week photographing my cutie nephews!


Today’s final favorite is this reminder from Mr. Rogers.  As we know, the tragic event on 1 October in Las Vegas is nowhere near behind us, but I continue to be moved by how so many people are helping in our city’s time of need.  The video that aired of a cab driver who made his car into a makeshift ambulance to transport six wounded victims immediately after the shooting just pulls at my heartstrings.  I can’t help but cry when a police officer instructs the driver, “Go straight this way and take them to the hospital.  You’re doing a great thing, alright?  Hang in there.”  The calmness of both the driver and the officer in that moment, with just one goal in mind to get those people to safety, moves me to tears.  There are hundreds of similar stories.

(I did not embed the video because it may be very hard to watch for some.  If you'd like to see it, just search "Cab Driver Hero" on KSNV News 3's page or on Facebook.)

Thank you to all those who responded and who continue to do so.  Our city is eternally grateful.  #VegasStrong


Wishing you all a blessed weekend!



Comments

  1. I hadn't heard of that cab driver, but there are always amazing stories like that when horrible things happen. It's definitely a positive among all the violence/hate there seems to be.

    On a lighter note, I'm LOVING Will and Grace!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    #fridayfavorites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, there are always helpers and the good outshines the hate through those moments. Will and Grace Episode One is still hilarious to me. The Cheetos! Haha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts