Girls' Night Dinners - A List of Favorite Places You Should Try


In honor of National Girlfriends Day this week, some of my girlfriends helped me with today’s post about our favorite places to have Girls’ Night over dinner and drinks.  We’re sharing our favorite spots in Las Vegas!


My BFF Genel and I try to have BFF night every other week and we love catching up over great food.  I asked her to pick her top 2 dinner locations that we frequent and she had this to say:

Macayo’s because it’s old school Vegas, cheap and yummy!”  Locals have been going to this Mexican restaurant for decades.  Our tip is to make it there for happy hour which is served in the bar.  It fills fast but it’s not to be missed.  The last time we did happy hour, I think our bill was $10 each. A steal!  We love the TCT (Toasted Cheese Tortilla).  It’s so simple, three cheeses toasted on a tortilla.  They serve it over a candle to keep it warm and gooey.  Delicious and it’s big, so totally shareable. You can add toppings but we love the original with just cheese.  We also love their chips with bean dip and queso dip, and their chunky and smooth salsas.  Allow me to be more specific.  Theirs is my favorite bean dip anywhere!  That is literally all I need at Macayo’s.  Pair it with a Margarita which is also on the happy hour menu.  Winning!



Throwback pic from 5 years ago of us doing what we do best!  BFF dinner.

Genel named Nora’s Italian Cuisine “our go to spot for sure.” She’s right.  We’ve been BFFs for over 20 years and Nora’s is probably the restaurant we’ve been back to for BFF nights the most.  Her favorite dishes are the Crazy Alfredo and the Chicken Piccata, always paired with a Basil martini.   Nora’s has my all-time favorite Linguini with Clams with white sauce.  Listen, I have done lots of research on the subject of Linguni with Clams and I’m convinced, no one does it better.  They’ve got a great wine selection too and I love the sangria.  Service is always excellent.  They also just moved to a new location which is big and swanky.  Once the weather cools down, I look forward to enjoying Nora’s al fresco on their new patio.


My girlfriends, Karen, Andrea and I, started a dinner night tradition 7 years ago. The three of us used to work together and although we don’t anymore, we do dinner night once a month to keep in touch.  We take turns picking the restaurant and we haven’t missed a single month in 7 years. Our dinner nights keep us sane.  We say, “Dinner Nights Save Lives.”  Because, seriously.  They do.  Bad day at work?  Dinner night heals all things.  Crazy day with the kids?  Dinner night to unwind.  Need to gossip on the latest happenings?  Do it at Dinner night.

The Melting Pot is Karen’s first pick.  We hardly do a location twice but we did “double dip” on Melting Pot one year (see what I did there?).  We love the full 3-course fondue menu.  Dipping while sipping, and chit chatting!  And hello, fondue for dessert?  We’re talking about dipping tiny cake bites and fruit in melted chocolate or in a s'mores fondue?  Yes, please. 

Karen’s second pick was Bachi Burger.  She named it and my mind went straight to their dessert donuts that they serve with raspberry and chocolate dipping sauces.  Honestly, the 3 of us have a thing for dessert donuts anywhere.  One time, at a different restaurant, we even ate a whole round of them that was rolled in salt.  We literally finished them all then realized afterward that they were super salty.  Turns out the kitchen had accidentally mistaken the salt for sugar.  Yet somehow, we ate them anyway because like I said, we love donuts.  Obviously.  Ha!  Anyway, I digress.  If you’ve never been to Bachi Burger, you should definitely check out their selection of gourmet burgers.  I always get the Bachi Fish burger because I don’t eat red meat, but they have burgers with your choice of wagyu beef, angus beef, veggie “burger” with a mushroom patty, specialty sandwiches, just so much on that menu.  And then, 3 words:  Truffle. Parmesan.  Fries.



As for Andrea, she picked a hidden gem in her top 2 and I’m glad she did so I can share it with you.  Nittaya’s Secret Kitchen.  Yes!  (Insert praise hands emoji here.)  Located in a tiny strip mall in Summerlin, this is not your typical Thai restaurant.  The place is quaint and adorable, upscale but not uppity and not too pricey.  I think maybe there’s a total of 6 or 8 tables in there, plus seats at the bar.  They serve Thai food with a modern twist for a unique dining experience.  The spinach salad fooled us by its ordinary name.  This is no ordinary spinach salad, people.  When it arrived, it was actually spinach leaves fried in a light tempura batter.  The dressing is really like a dipping sauce and trust me, it’s divine.  Try it for yourself.  Everything else on the menu is really delicious too.  Thai dishes all presented beautifully with a purple orchid on each plate.

And Andrea’s second pick… just like Genel, she picked Nora’s.  Well, that says it all, right?  2 out of 3 girlfriends agree, Nora’s is a favorite Girls’ Night pick.  ‘Nuff said.


I agree with my girls, you won’t be let down by any of these places.  I’m going to add just one more though.  It’s been on my mind since we went last year and its Pier 215.  On the Southwest side of Las Vegas, Pier 215 serves unique Asian fusion (Japanese and Italian actually), and seafood and sushi entrees.  We had a shrimp pasta and a sushi roll, and I think there was a sushi nacho dish too.  But that’s not what stood out to me.  I’m about to hit ya with something crazy that I loved over there.  Uni shooter with a quail egg in a champagne glass.  Yep, I said it.  So good!  I know what you’re thinking – “Wait, she doesn’t eat red meat but she’s eating raw eggs with a sea urchin?”  Yes, yes I am.  Go figure. 


Uni Quail Egg shooter - I wasn't kidding.
Also, at Pier 215, there are great big glass windows facing the Las Vegas Strip.  Great view and great food, makes for a great night with your girls.

Hope our post has been helpful.  What gal doesn’t love a night out with her girls?  What are your favorite Girls’ Night locations? 


Special thanks to my girls, Genel, Karen & Andrea for co-hosting my second blog post.  Where to next, girls?

Comments

  1. Yummmmm! You know I would have had that uni shooter with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog! I feel like I should be reading this with an ice cream cone in my hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok yum! I'm tucking these away for February when we are in Vegas next. I really want to try Macayo's and and Bachi Burger! Dessert donuts?!?! Never heard of them but they sound amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choices and yes, must have the dessert donuts at Bachi! Then you'll want them everywhere. I know I do!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts